WC12 Media Policy
WC12 will feature a stimulating scientific program as well as exciting exhibitions and social events at a bucket-list destination. Promoting public engagement and communication on key themes of regulatory acceptance, next generation education, and the reduction, replacement, and refinement of animal testing is important to realizing the 21st century visions in this field. Social media is an important tool for public engagement and an opportunity for WC12 attendees to further engage with one another as these important discussions take place. However, it must be used in a professional manner and with respect for the privacy choices of all attendees.
Social Media and Recording
- Recording or streaming of any program elements (e.g., keynote presentations, social events) or scientific sessions is not permitted without the advanced, express approval of the presenter(s) and the WC12 Organizing Committee.
- Presentations at WC12 may contain sensitive data or be at a preliminary stage awaiting peer review or scientific publication. Please respect that presenters have chosen to share their work with the attendees of WC12, but have the choice whether to share copies for further distribution or for social media posting, etc.
- Please respect all “no photography” or “no recording” watermarks placed by presenters on their platform slides or posters.
Media representatives are welcome to attend WC12 but must apply for registration and obtain appropriate identification (media badge). In this context, “media representative” refers to journalists producing print, television, online, or radio news coverage. Media badges are granted at the sole discretion of the WC12 Organizing Committee. Media representatives that begin selling or marketing advertising space or news subscriptions will forfeit their media badge and event access. Media badges must be worn at all times while attending WC12 scientific sessions and events.
No registration fee will be charged for media representatives at WC12, unless they wish to attend the Gala Dinner, in which case the Accompanying Person rate will apply.
To apply for a media badge to access WC12 (including scientific sessions), please submit the following information to email@example.com with “Media Badge” as the subject line, no later than August 13, 2023:
- Full contact information of the applicant (e.g., complete name, phone, email)
- Media credentials of the applicant (e.g., an International Press Card)
- Media organizations: A letter of assignment which specifically identifies the applicant
- A sample of recent coverage relevant to the themes of WC12 under the applicant’s byline
- Indicate any specific session or program topics of interest (optional)